So yeah, recently I changed the date of birth to the organization launch date which is lower than 13 years, the twitter account of the company got locked.
As soon as I saw the message on the twitter company profile – “Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!”
Tried to reach twitter support, but the support is a chat bot. This landed me on this page
Gone through the steps to unlock the locked twitter profile, unfortunately it was of no use, as the account was locked under Age restriction category.
Started searching in Google with the search phrase “twitter age restriction locked“, found this Reddit post explained about the possibility of unlocking the twitter profile.
Followed the steps mentioned in the Reddit post, and the account got unlocked:
A quick steps to unlock twitter profile under age restriction:
- Once the account is locked, you should be receiving a mail. Click on “Get Started Now“
- Log into twitter with the locked account.
- Provide the person name who is handling the twitter profile in the name section.
- Upload any government ID proof to validate. This is will work for both personal and company profiles.
- The government ID proof should contain the same name what you giving in the “Name” section.
- Give them some time.
You should receive this mail:
The next day after coming to office, I quickly checked my mail, and our company twitter profile was unlocked. To my surprise, it got reviewed and unlocked the twitter profile in 11 hours.
Mail I received before unlocking:
Mail after unlocking twitter profile:
Realized that I was wrong.